Event behaviour policy
Eroticon is created as a safe, supportive and non-judgemental space both on and off-line. In order to protect this ethos and uphold this creative and uplifting environment we have a behaviour policy. This may be updated from time to time, as we want to ensure that we reflect the needs of the community. We will alert subscribers and event attendees in the event of any updates.
If you have any queries please contact email@example.com
In buying a ticket to attend Eroticon you are agreeing to a certain standard of behaviour.
We have a zero tolerance policy for any kind of personal abuse whether verbal, physical or sexual. Incidents of abuse will be reported to the police as appropriate.
We expect attendees to respect the privacy and chosen identity of our attendees.
- If you are attending as a representative of the press or independent journalist, you must identify yourself as such to the Eroticon team. Failure to do so may result in being ejected from the event and banned from future events.
- Please respect the privacy of other attendees.
- Do not disclose real names outside of the venue without the consent of the individual.
- Do not post pictures of attendees onto social media or in any other public place if they are wearing a no-photo lanyard (usually red).
- Refer to attendees by their preferred names and gender pronouns.
We expect attendees to respect each other and deal with personal differences professionally.
- Do not verbally, physically or sexually abuse any other attendee.
- Please remember that for many this is a professional environment and accord them professional and personal respect.
- In discussions please critique the idea, not the individual.
- Leave personal differences at the door.
- No means no; no ifs, no buts. Respect consent, respect each other.
- Please do not touch people without clear consent – either verbal or non-verbal. If in doubt about if you should really go in for the extra big bear hug – ask!
What to do if you feel threatened?
- If you feel that someone has acted inappropriately towards you please find an event staff member (they will be introduced at the beginning of each day at the Eroticon event) or the organiser immediately and tell them.
- If you feel unable to do so safely by yourself please ask another attendee that you trust to accompany you.
- We take all reports of abuse seriously and will act on them promptly.
Business tickets and sponsors
- There are a number of official sponsors of Eroticon, who will have stands and a presence throughout the event to show off their products. Representatives from other companies are welcome at the event on a business ticket. A business ticket allows you to come and represent your company, put items in goody bags and on the raffle table as well as network with attendees. However business ticket holders must not display products and merchandise – if you would like to do this contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss official sponsorship.
Anyone found to be in breach of these standards will in the first instance be invited to discuss their behaviour with the organisers, or if it is felt appropriate will be asked to leave the event. In such circumstances there will be no ticket refunds.
While standards of behaviour cannot be enforced prior to an event the organisers reserve the right to cancel tickets and issue a refund (less the £25 administration fee) if they that believe a person’s behaviour jeopardises either the smooth running of the event, or the personal safety of attendees and speakers.
Terms and conditions
Buying a ticket for Eroticon 2023 constitutes consent to the following terms and conditions:
- Payment receipt constitutes your ticket to the event.
- No photographs may be taken of attendees wearing a red lanyard (even in the background of the picture) A black lanyard means pictures are fine.
- No audio or video recording of any part of the event or socials may occur without prior written consent from the event organizers.
- As well as the Eroticon behavior policy you must also agree to any behavior policy that any related Eroticon venue has (such as the evening social venues)
- Eroticon is an adult event, all ticket holders must be aged 18 years or older at the date of the event. Children under the age of 6 months may accompany their parents, you must alert the event organizers that your child will be with you. As the parents you bring your child under the age of 6 months at your own risk and Eroticon assumes no responsibility. No children of any age may be present for KinkLab.
- Tickets prices include access to the Eroticon 2023 event for the days purchased and include catering and are valid for the conference day(s) of purchase. Additional social events are either free to attend or ticketed separately to the daytime conference tickets.
- You buy your ticket at your own risk. There are NO REFUNDS for any reason for Eroticon tickets.
- If you buy your ticket after 9th April 2023 you will only have the cooling off 14 days period to cancel your ticket.
- If you have a rollover ticket from 2020 your ticket is now deemed a 2023 tickets and the no refund policy applies to you.
- In the event the conference is cancelled due to circumstances beyond our control, we will attempt to reschedule the conference. In that event tickets and sponsorships will be transferable.
- If the conference needs to be cancelled within 2 weeks of the scheduled date due to circumstances beyond our control no money will be able to be refunded.
- Ticket transfers – ticket transfers are available until 8am GMT 28th May 2023 less a £25 administration fee. After that no transfers are available. A weekend ticket may not be split into 2 day tickets. Email email@example.com for information.
- Your email address will be used to communicate event information and will be added to the Eroticon e-newsletter list, which you can unsubscribe from at anytime via the links in the newsletter.
- Payment is via Paypal, Stripe, or Direct Bank Transfer, if you would like alternative payment methods please email firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
- You have the right to cancel your ticket purchase and receive a full refund within 14 days of purchase. After such time cancellation fees apply (see above)
- Sponsor Withdrawal – Due to the nature of Eroticon and budgeting we will not be able to refund any sponsor money if you decide to withdraw from the event.
- Eroticon 2023 is an event run by Polkadot Ideas LTD, contact email@example.com