Title: Raising the Curtain : An anthology of erotica inspired by the theatre
Editor: Ruby Kiddell
Publisher: Velvet Books
Submissions deadline: 31st March 2014
Publication date: Summer 2014
Payment: £50 per accepted story
Rights: 5 years worldwide exclusive audio, ebook and print.
What goes on behind the velvet curtains of the theatre? Is there more drama backstage than onstage?
Does the sexual tension between the stars of the show get x-rated once the curtain drops and the audience has left?
We’re looking for erotica stories inspired by the drama of the theatre both on and offstage, from amateur dramatics to the high glamour of Broadway or the West End.
We have a strong preference for stories that have female characters and female pleasure as their focal point and have well developed characters and narratives. Although all work will be considered on merit.
- Submissions must be 3,000 to 5,000 word erotica stories and be original and your own work.
- Submissions are open to all writers.
- Submit your story as a word document formatted to 10pt Arial, double spaced to email@example.com or submit via our “Write for Velvet” page.
- Please include “Raising the Curtain” and the title of the story in the email subject line.
- Please include your legal name, your pseudonym, email address and any social media or website links on the first page of your submission.
- The anthology will be published by Velvet Books, all sexual activity must be consensual and legal.
- We will consider previously published work as long as it is out of contract, please indicate details in your cover note.
For more details please visit www.velvet-books.com
Submit your call for erotic writing call for submissions here.