Ever since we took over organising the conference, I’ve been really keen to see if alongside the physical event, we can put something together for those who aren’t able to attend. A collection of work that showcases the breadth of talent in the Eroticon community – erotica, sex education, non-fiction writing, and even illustration.
I spoke to Anna Sky, who runs the fantastic Sexy Little Pages, to see if we could arrange a collection of Eroticon writing – and she’s kindly agreed to help edit, format and publish an anthology. The collection will be a mixture of different essays, stories, and illustrations – and anyone who is attending Eroticon is welcome to submit their work.
The collection will be launched at Eroticon 2017, and will be on sale directly after the conference. There are guidelines below on word count, format, and eligibility, but the main thing you need to know is this: if you’re attending Eroticon, we’d love your submission! I’d love to be able to buy copies of this book for people next year to show them the huge variety of writing styles and ideas that come out of this brilliant bunch of people.
Eroticon 2017 anthology: submit your story/essay/illustration
The Eroticon Anthology aims to celebrate and promote some of the fantastic writers who attend Eroticon every year – whether you’re a sex toy reviewer, non-fiction sex writer, erotic fiction author, or an illustrator who creates sexy images – we would love your submissions.
The theme of the anthology is ‘identity’ – this might be your identity as a writer, or the ways your characters explore their identity through sex, or those parts of your identity and fantasy that you want to celebrate. We’re looking for short fiction and non-fiction erotic stories, personal essays, poetry and illustrations.
The book will go on sale during Eroticon weekend and 60% of net royalties will be split equally between contributors on an ongoing basis. You do not need to have any previously published works – if you’re new to erotic writing then your submission – and attendance at Eroticon – could be your first steps into sex or erotic writing.
- Submissions are open to anyone who is attending Eroticon (as a speaker or a delegate) and who has purchased a ticket/been listed as a speaker before the submission deadline.
- Written work must be in doc or docx format, Times New Roman 12pt, no longer than 3000 words in length.
- All documents must have eroticon-anthology-2017 somewhere in their title.
- Illustrations must be scanned at 300DPI in the first instance; you may be asked to scan at a higher resolution when the book is due to be printed. Please note that because of printing costs illustrations must be black and white.
- Email your work to email@example.com by 2nd January 2017.
- The publisher’s decision on content is final.
The publisher is Resonance Press, the non-fiction sibling of Sexy Little Pages, run by Anna Sky.
We ask for exclusivity on your work for 18 months for this anthology.