Is EL James the only one who can write a story so hot that your cheeks burn as you turn the page?
Show the world what you’ve got!
We know you’ve been working on the best smut, so submit your short story, novella or novel to Eroticon USA’s Next Top Erotic Writer Contest and win a contract with a major New York erotic publisher, Riverdale Avenue Books.
America’s next top erotic writer is for the Aspiring Erotica Author
Open to all published and unpublished authors, attendants are requested to submit up to the first three pages of their work for review. From the submissions received by midnight 10th October 2013 EST, semi-finalists will have their opening pages judged by the agents and editors including Lori Perkins, Debra Hyde, Katherine Sands and conference organiser Ruby Kiddell.
Finalists’ work will be read out loud at the Eroticon USA’s Next Top Erotica Writer presentation and will receive feedback from the industry panel. At the close of the readings conference participants will vote for their favourite and Eroticon USA’s Next top Erotica Writer will be announced.
This is a fantastic opportunity to receive feedback on your work in a supportive and safe community and win a publishing contract, so get writing!
- Please submit your first three pages in a word doc, double-spaced, Times Roman 10 pt. to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your real name (and your pseudonym, if applicable), your email address, and a cell phone number. We will not consider anonymous entrees.
- Please include a brief description of your writing/publishing history.
- Multiple entries are allowed, please submit one entry at a time, so submit each work separately.
- Competition entrants must be aged 18 or over at the closing date for submissions.
- Competition submissions must be received by midnight 10th October 2013 EST
- If you are selected as a finalist you will be required to attend Eroticon USA to go through to the voting final.
- The winner will be selected by a vote at Eroticon USA.
- The winner will receive a year’s publishing contract with Riverdale Avenue Books.